We are looking for a technology-forward, self-disciplined, energetic individual who applies initiative, experience and exceptional skills to maintain a full roster of bookkeeping clients with differing levels of complexity using desktop and cloud accounting applications. You will be required to work independently and as part of the team to achieve clients’ and organizational goals and objectives.
What you bring to the table:
- Post-secondary education/experience in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- At least 5+ years of full-time experience in a bookkeeping or accounting-related role (prior experience in public accounting is an asset).
- Experience processing accounts payable and/or accounts receivable.
- Experience processing payroll.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Practical knowledge of accounting software programs including QuickBooks, Sage 50, etc.
- QBO Basic, QBO Advanced, Xero Certification, and other app certifications (i.e. Hubdoc, Receipt Bank, Wagepoint) are preferred.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Detail-oriented and analytical mindset.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as a team.
- Responsible and receptive to feedback.
- Professional attitude with adherence to upholding confidentiality.
- Desire to learn and grow and be an integral part of a high-performing team.
- Loves technology.
What will you do here?
- Prepare and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual bookkeeping using a suite of cloud applications, including QuickBooks Online.
- Performing reconciliation of bank accounts, credit card accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Receiving client documentation, including statements, receipts, and record entries.
- Assisting a broad range of business clients with day-to-day bookkeeping inquiries.
- Onboard clients to QuickBooks Online.
- Register newly incorporated businesses for GST, PST, WCB, Payroll, and other accounts as required.
- Analyze financial statements and general ledger to quickly identify and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
- Manage all payroll functions, including payroll source deductions.
- Manage and ensure internal and external deadlines are met.
- Prepare governmental client returns, filings, and/or remittances for the following: GST/HST, PST, T4, T4A, T5018, EHT, and WCB.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients and colleagues.
About the team:
Hutcheson & Co. Chartered Professional Accountants LLP is a local public accounting firm located in Victoria, BC. We offer a full range of accounting, auditing, and taxation services to owner-managed businesses, professionals, individuals, and non-profit organizations throughout Vancouver Island.
In addition to providing exceptional client service, we also focus on creating long term professional relationships with our team and our clients by providing a fun, social and flexible work environment.
We strive to provide our staff with opportunities for career growth through both education and work experience. Here at Hutcheson, we have a team-oriented, flexible, and friendly work atmosphere that promotes job satisfaction and career advancement.
If you meet the requirements listed above and to want join an enthusiastic fast-growing accounting firm, please submit a resume and cover letter, with attention to Deepika Rawat through our website hutcheson.ca. or directly through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$30.00 per hour
• Remote interview process
• Separate workstations
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place