Senior Accountant / Manager – CPA
Hutcheson & Co. is a progressive Chartered Professional Accountant firm in Victoria BC providing a full range of accounting and tax services. We are looking to add an enthusiastic and reliable member to our team. This position will appeal to a self-motivated and driven individual who is looking for both a challenging and rewarding career.
What you bring to the table
We are looking for professionals who:
- 3+ years of recent experience in public practice.
- Canadian CPA professional accounting designation.
Strong working knowledge of:
- Accounting standards
- Assurance standards
- Income Tax Act
- Sales tax accounts (GST, PST)
- Other compliance accounts (WCB, EHT, etc…)
Working knowledge of commonly used public practice software:
- Keystone templates
- PEG templates
- Tax Software (Profile or Taxprep)
- Office (Excel and Word)
- Time management
- Work flow
- Ability to speak and write effectively in a business environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate.
- Ability to multi-task and produce results under pressure.
What will you do here?
- Preparation and / or review of Notice To Reader, Review and Audit engagement files.
- Preparation and / or review of corporate and personal tax returns.
- Assisting partners with tax planning and compliance matters.
- Client communication and relationship management.
- Other accounting and tax related tasks as required.
About the team:
Hutcheson & Co. Chartered Professional Accountants LLP is a local public accounting firm located in Victoria, BC. We offer a full range of accounting, auditing, and taxation services to owner-managed businesses, professionals, individuals, and non-profit organizations throughout Vancouver Island.
In addition to providing exceptional client service, we also focus on creating long term professional relationships with our team and our clients by providing a fun, social and flexible work environment.
We strive to provide our staff with opportunities for career growth through both education and work experience. Here at Hutcheson, we have a team-oriented, flexible, and friendly work atmosphere that promotes job satisfaction and career advancement.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive a competitive salary (salary commensurate with experience), group extended health and dental insurance, a flexible work schedule, incentive bonus arrangement, group RRSP matching plan (after waiting period), overtime banking and payouts.
If you want join an enthusiastic fast-growing accounting firm, please submit a resume and cover letter, with attention to Alison Bergbusch through our website hutcheson.ca. or directly through email to Alison@hutcheson.ca
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.