Cross-Border Tax Accountant – CPA
Hutcheson & Co. LLP’s cross-border tax team is nationally recognized for our US and Canadian cross-border tax expertise. We are growing fast and we are looking for enthusiastic and reliable professionals to join our team.
Are you a recently designated or soon to be designated Chartered Professional Accountant looking for opportunities to advance your career and get experience in this highly sought-after specialization? On the job mentoring and training in US/Canadian cross-border tax is provided, so previous experience in this area is an asset but not a requirement. Grow and advance along with our practice and be presented with career opportunities and future growth.
We are looking for professionals who:
- Are recently designated or soon to be designated Canadian or US CPA.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience with a focus on personal and corporate tax.
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment and are willing to learn new skills and take on new tasks and challenges.
- Have a great sense of humor and enjoy working closely with other team members.
- Enjoy a flexible work environment. Our work can be seasonal which means we work hard during busy season and enjoy a flexible summer and fall.
- Possess excellent skills in managing and prioritizing multiple tasks, documentation and problem solving, client management, time management and are attentive to detail.
What will you do here?
The successful candidate will work closely with our Partners and Managers to help deliver proactive and exceptional tax planning, compliance, accounting and advisory services to our new and existing clients. You will develop the ability to research and solve complex tax issues within the framework of the Canadian and US tax laws while applying the Canada-US tax treaty. Your work will focus on all areas of Canadian and US tax including personal, corporate and estate tax.
About the team:
The Hutcheson & Co cross border tax team is a group of highly motivated professionals that work with a wide range of clients in Canada and the US and across the globe. We focus on creating long term relationships with our clients by providing exceptional client service. We also believe in providing opportunities to our team members and value a fun, social and flexible work environment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive a competitive salary (salary commensurate with experience), group extended health and dental insurance, a flexible work schedule, incentive bonus arrangement, group RRSP matching plan (after waiting period), overtime banking and payouts.
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic fast-growing accounting firm, please submit a resume and cover letter, with attention to Rob through our website hutcheson.ca. or directly through email to firstname.lastname@example.org