Loading Website ...

Hi Tony,

I am one of the “accidental Americans” if you will. I was born to US parents, but have lived in Canada since birth. I’ve never lived or worked in the US, but I’m a US citizen because of my parents.

Recently, I found out that I should have been filing US tax returns my whole life, even though I’m not living or working there. What a shock! Anyways, I’d like to find out the quickest/ most tax efficient way to get caught up on my taxes and then renounce my US citizenship. Are you able to tell me what needs to be done and help me with this process?

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Tony Theaker

Contact Tony Theaker

Contact Me

The information contained in this article is for general use only and should not be viewed as professional advice. Accounting and tax rules and regulations regularly change and individuals should contact a competent professional to obtain accounting and tax advice based on their specific situation.


More from this Author

Our dynamic Team are always contributing the latest tips and techniques to keep you in the know with all things tax, accounting, and bookkeeping. See more from this author below.